Monday, November 24, 2008

Sad Times

I find myself completely overwhelmed with questions. Early saturday morning one of my good friends from college passed away after being shot by her ex-boyfriend. Apparently he was quite troubled, and he was jealous that she was with another boy. I just don't get some people, why ruin some one else's life because you are deelpy troubled and don't know how to cope. I feel like a part of life was ripped away from this earth, a great part. My friend, Catherine, was a wonderful person. She was very involved with Highland dance and for the past 10 years had been a teacher to many youngsters. She was a great spirit, and loved many. My favorite part of her was that she was a smart-ass. She said what she felt and was always passionate about life. She will be missed by many. I feel awful because in the past few years we hadn't kept in great contact. I almost feel like my grief isn't justified because we had lost touch. However I can't help but think about the great memories had together, and then just break down in tears. My heart goes out for her family, the holidays will never be the same. Hopefully they can get through this by knowing that her life was a brilliant one. Please keep her family in your thoughts and prayers, I am sure this is a very difficult time for them.



Rest In Peace dear friend. You will be missed.


Catherine Woods Oct 11, 1982 - November 22, 2008

3 comments:

momto2boys said...

Jenna,

I am so sorry about your loss. What a tragic story.

Tammi

Bethalow said...

Jenna- I am so so sorry. It is unfair, and wrong, and so terrible.
Beth

Katelyn said...

Jenna, I'm so sorry! I wish I could be there for you - Katelyn