Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Delicious Dinner

So I love Chicken Tortilla Soup, but in the Summer I cannot bring myself to make or eat soup, it's just too hot. But today I was craving it, so instead I decided to make Chicken Tortilla Soup into a casserole. Here's the recipe I hope you enjoy it!


4 Tbls Oil
4 Bell Peppers Chopped ( 1 of each color)
2 Jalapeno Peppers Finely chopped
1 Onion Chopped
4 Cloves of Garlic Chopped
3 tsp of Ground Cumin
1 tsp of ground Coriander
3 tsp Salt
3 Tbls Tomato Paste
2 Large Cooked Chicken breasts cubed
2 cups frozen corn
1 can Cream of chicken soup
1 can Cheddar Soup
2 cups Chicken stock
3 Cups instant rice
2 cups shredded cheese of your choice ( I used Colby)
1/4 cup chopped Cilantro

Heat the oil in a pan on medium high heat, add all the vegetables, garlic,cumin, coriander, and salt, let it cook for 5 minutes stirring occasionally. Add Tomato paste and heat for 5 minutes stirring occasionally. In a separate bowl mix chicken, 1/2 of the chicken stock, and both soups. Then add the vegetables. In a 9 X 13 glass baking dish coat the bottom with rice, then add the other half ofthe chicken stock to the rice just to help it cook a bit. Layer the vegetable and chicken mix on top of the rice. Top that off with the cheese and Cilantro, then bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.

This was super easy and incredibly good, tasted just like the recipe I have for the soup. Hope you enjoy it as much as we did!

No comments: